Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions related to using arstikeskus.ee and LEIA.
You can use arstikeskus.ee if you are ≥18 years of age and your family doctor center has joined our system. A person under 18 years of age can use our system for contacting their GP, but in this case the family doctor center has the right to contact their legal guardian.
Centers who have joined:
- Tervisekeskus Sinu Arst
- Telliskivi Perearstikeskus
Arstikeskus.ee started in September of 2020. We are working on expanding and by the end of 2021 we are planning to be available to patients of more than 20 family doctor centers across Estonia.
Want your family doctor center to join our system? Let us know at email@example.com. Then we can take your wish into account.
Every center will decide the order in which they reply to incoming messages. Typically, priority is given to serious illnesses and to sick-leave applications. With urgent request such as these, you will most likely receive a response within the same day. In comparison, if you want to register for a health check-up or a vaccine, the answer may take longer (1-3 working days). Please note that family doctor centers are only open on weekdays, so inquiries made on weekends or Friday evening will not be answered until Monday at the earliest.
It is possible to forward your message and concerns outside of working hours, but it will be answered during working hours. As a rule, sick-leave document cannot be opened retroactively, unless you have visited another medical institution and it is recorded in Digilugu.
The family doctor center deals with messages in order and taking into account the severity of the issue. If the center thinks that your problem is urgent, they will try to answer it first. In the case of prescription extensions, documents, certificates – they officially have up to 3 working days to respond to them. All centers do their best to resolve all issues in the shortest possible time.
- If you feel that you have a very serious health problem and you have not been contacted within a few hours of submitting your message, please actively contact your center by telephone or visit emergency medical services.
- If your health deteriorates significantly after you have sent your message, contact the center by phone.
- There may be problems with any technology, and there may be problems with Internet connection as well. Therefore, if you have not received feedback within a reasonable time (see also section “How quickly will my family doctor center respond?”), please contact the center again.
In order to forward the details of your health problem you must enter at least 1 symptom. When you start typing a symptom, select the correct symptom from the list that appears by clicking on it.
If you have entered at least one symptom, but cannot find another symptom you want to include, then you can add this as a comment in the free text box.
If none of the symptoms you have appear on the list, then you can send a message to the medical center via the “Other requests” option in free text format.
- Arstikeskus.ee is a central portal where patients from different family doctor centers can enter the LEIA system to report problems related to their health.
- LEIA is a software system based on artificial intelligence, designed to mimic a doctor’s thinking and questioning style. LEIA asks you questions to get a detailed an understanding of your health problem and then forwards it in a structured way to your family doctor center.
Contact your family doctor center!
You can only contact GP centers that have joined arstikeskus.ee.